Sunday 22 December 2013

I know there is hope.



I don’t know you. Or maybe I do. I know my friend who is sleeping in my bedroom. I know the feeling to have no one understand what you’re going through. I know how it feels to want to be left alone and yearn for someone to reach out and help you. I have been there. I have done that.

I do know how it feels to fall to your knees and beg The Lord to free you from the terrible loneliness of the darkness in your mind.

But I also know a few other things; ; I know there is hope.



Just as night is defeated by the dawn, or as the winter is conquered by the spring, or as the darkness is dominated by any degree of light, I know that you can make it through this. You are going to be a better person as a result of your depression. If you move forward while holding onto the knowledge that the sun will rise in your soul, I assure you that one day, you will stand at the summit of a figurative mountain and look back on your life’s journey. I have done that. I have been there.



To all who are struggling with depression: you are not alone. We are all on this journey together. I promise you that there is hope. Let us reach out to one another and walk together

Only the Lord knows all the details, and he it is who will judge our actions here on earth.

 ”And the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have becom free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not to be acted upon, save it be by the punishment of the law at the great and last day, according to the commandments which God hath given.” ( 2: Nephi 2: 26)


No comments:

Post a Comment